Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Best Fair In Town

Only 4 days to go to the Perth Waldorf School Spring Fair where I've been selling my dolls for the past 5 years. So I've been sewing hard these past few months to keep up with the demand and to stock my stall.





It's a social event as well, as I get to catch up with friends I haven't seen since last Spring Fair!My son really enjoys it too.
Here are some of the dollies I have up for adoption this saturday:


I love watching the children's reactions to the dolls. Their eyes light up and their mouths drop open. Last year a toddler grabbed a baby doll from the table and wouldn't give it back. The mother had to prise it away from her as she screamed.

My favorite stall of all is the cakes! So much variety: each cake lovingly made by a waldorf mamma. Imagine a setting of shady gum-nut trees, new wildflowers, children dressed in nice pastels and primary colors, the smell of baking bread from the kindy and the sound of wandering musicians.

This photo was taken a few years ago, and I had sold almost all of my dolls at that point;


The weather so far, though, looks a bit iffy:

Saturday Shower or two clearing. Min 6 Max 18

If you're in Perth, it's on this saturday at 10am. Let's hope it's not going to be raining!

No comments: